Blog

Blog

Monday, August 5, 2013

Hello August!

My goodness! This summer has flown by!  Just a few short weeks and the craziness of fall will be upon us.  For me, August marks the beginning of my craziest time of the year.  The Cross Country season starts up again, which is hectic in and of itself, but coupled with a 40hr a week job tends to be pure insanity.  And this year I decided to add one more piece of insanity to my schedule... I've agreed to teach a college level Interior Design class for a College in the city!

    I am a mixture of emotions concerning this new endeavor.  Excitement, nervousness, anticipation, etc.  I never thought I would be in this position and I am so excited for the opportunity!  I have been working on the Syllabus, project requirements, grading scale, etc. and I have to admit - it is really fun to be on this end of the academic world!
  
      The semester is going to consist of important history of design and how other cultures have affected design throughout the years and how they are still affecting our culture and design today.  The second 1/2 is geared more towards Interior Design in the world today - picking out paint colors, materials and finishes, important ADA requirements, common Interior Design mistakes, etc.

     If you were in my Interior Design class what would you specifically want to learn about Interior Design??

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and reading Running Design! I'd love to hear from you with tips, suggestions or your stories about running and design!