Blog

Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Jewels In July

   As I said before, my Architreasures event was this past wednesday!  For those of you who don't know what architreasures is... Take a look at their site: Architreasures They are an art-based community development organization that empowers individuals to shape their future and their communities.  It is a wonderful organization comprised of many Architects and Interior Designers all looking to help better Chicago communities.  We often work with inner-city kids to create positive outlets and a desire for community service.

  Our event location was at Room and Board in Chicago on the corner of Rush and Ohio.  I arrived over there at 12pm to unload my car, I was in charge of picking up the donated beer... 240 beers later!  From noon on, we were in crazy busy mode to set up the entire third floor of Room and Board.
Our jewel theme was a Sapphire, as well as out color scheme.  To create some color in the space we added Puffs of blue tissue paper!  I think they did the trick! What do you think?

    Unfortunately, I was so busy throughout the night that I only managed one picture!  This was still in the prepping stage, which is why it looked so empty.  We had probably 80-100 people, numerous silent auction items and many people to mingle with.  All in all, I would definitely say it was a success!  It certainly made for a long day though!   

    So if you are looking for a way to give back to your community, I strongly recommend that you look into either donating monitarily to Architreasures or donating your time to help out with some of the community projects!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and reading Running Design! I'd love to hear from you with tips, suggestions or your stories about running and design!