Blog

Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rollercoaster of Design

As I am sure, you are all aware, the economy SUCKS! It is especially hard on those people in the design world, specifically Architects, Interior Designers and Construction workers. According to statistics in 2009, architects were hit the worst with job losses, etc. As an Interior Designer, in training I guess since I am still working on the 2 yrs of experience before I am take my liscensing exam, it has been especially hard to find a job. I was lucky enough to land a contractor position back in July, but it is far from ideal and I don't get to show off or even really use my talents. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and make it work!
In order to do this I have done a few things:
1. I have officially ordered a subscription to Architectural Digest! Gotta love the Professional discount!
2. I started this blog as a way to, well I don't know get myself out there more?
3. I have been searching like crazy for a job that works for me and will actually let me design, or do more than just being a CAD monkey!
To all my designers out there, stay tough! There is something out there, it is just a matter of when we will get to it! We can do it!
Don't be afraid to shoot for the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading Running Design! I'd love to hear from you with tips, suggestions or your stories about running and design!