Blog

Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The "Scary Room"

   As most of you know, I just recently got an apartment and am in the process of moving out of my parent's house.  It has been quite the process!  Here are the before pictures.  My family has been helping me move and paint the place, I am so thankful for all of their help, especially the hours my Mom put in with me this weekend!  On Sunday my little brothers came over to check it out and see where I am moving too.  When I asked them what they thought about it, they said that it was pretty cool but that the laundry room is scary!  Ohh NO!!  They compared it to the basement!  Now there is something about basements that often make them creepy, but my laundry room?  This is a HUGE problem since my laundry room is easily accessible and on the same floor. In fact, it is connected to my garage and so therefore it is the entrance into my apartment that I will use most often! 
  
It is by far the most un-glamorous part of the apartment but I can't complain since I am lucky to have a washer and dryer in my apartment, so I am grateful!  Here's what it looks like:
As you can see, it's not very glamorous... the door on the left goes to the garage and the door on the right goes into my kitchen and living room area.  So far I have been keeping the door open, but I think it will be closed after I finish all the painting!

Just another view, not much shelving.


   Any ideas how to make it less scary?  I  don't want my little brother to be afraid of my laundry room or, any room in my apartment for that matter!  HELP!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up, Em! You're not alone, I have a scary basement laundry room. Try brightening it up with a bright outdoor rug (maybe on sale this time of year? I found one at IKEA) and accessories, maybe add a little table to the right of the W&D with pretty glass bottles of detergent, a lamp for less scary lighting, and maybe a little extra room while doing laundry. Store your buckets under there and get one of those mop hanging brackets for the brooms and such.

    Good luck, be sure to update us, and thanks again for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This room needs a totally insane and fun mural!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading Running Design! I'd love to hear from you with tips, suggestions or your stories about running and design!