So here are some of my goals that have truly changed my life:
1. Run a Marathon - I had no idea when I first started running that I even wanted to run a Marathon, but as I continued to challenge myself it developed into this very real passion and drive. Since I've started running I have run 4 marathons, 2 1/2 marathons, and convinced members of my family to run as well. Running has become a family affair, not just for my immediate family but my extended as well. We've run 1/2 marathons together in various states, we've run crazy Santa fun runs and even competed in triathlons together!
2. Start my own business - This was a goal that I wrote down while I was in college, to help me keep my eye on the prize during the toughest economic times since the Depression. I went through ALOT of discouraging moments since I graduated in '09 but my sister was incredibly blunt with me and helped me to take that final leap! It was probably the scariest moment of my life, finally deciding to start my own company and even scarrier when I decided to quit my full time job and focus on it full time, but man was it worth it! I've learned so much about myself because of it and I don't regret it for a second.
While these have been major life events and goals that have seemed impossible when they first entered my brain they have greatly impacted my every day life and for which I am so greatful that I decided to pursue them as goals. As of now I don't have any goals that are as large as those two were but some of mine include:
1. A new 5K PR
2. To do a 1/2 Ironman Race (For those of you that don't know its a 1.2mi swim, 56mi Bike ride & a 1/2 Marathon)
3. To place in the top 3 for my Age Group in a Sprint Triathlon
4. To qualify for the Boston Marathon
5. To continue to build my company and have my 1st employee.
Some of these I might acomplish in 2013, some I might not, but the fact that they are goals that will continue to challenge me as a person and keep me motivated is all I really need!
What are some of your goals, for the New Year or for life??
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." - Brian Littrell