Hello June! I thought you would never come! June is my favorite month for a few reasons, one being that it's my birthday month, and birthdays are the best! The second reason is that school always got out in June and it meant the beginning of Summer. Unfortunately, I'm not in school anymore which means I don't get that "typical break", but somehow it still feels like a break is in sight especially with warm weather and a tan right around the corner.
Now, June marks the beginning of my race season and I couldn't be more excited! I've worked hard in the "off season" to get stronger and get my knee strong to be able to handle the many miles I will be putting in this summer. So here's what my summer looks like:
1. Kick off triathlon of the season! WOOHOO!!!
1. 10K race - I'm pumped to run this one because I always run it with my Dad, it was our very first race together and I look forward to it ever year now!
2. Muncie 1/2 Ironman! - I am super nervous about it but can't wait to see what I can do!
3. Xtreme 10 mile race - Last year my Dad and I were rained out, so I am hoping to actually get to run it this year. It will be my first ever trail run and its near my home town, so I am looking forward to it!
1. I get to go to Spain for 2 whole weeks! That means 2 whole weeks without work! WOAHHH... Can you tell I am looking forward to it?
2. I might do the Chicago Triathlon as well once I get back from my trip.
1. Probably doing the Lake Geneva Triathlon.
What about you? What big events are going to be a part of your summer?