Blog

Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Ventures

So it's not a huge secret that I am unhappy in my job. I have been looking for a job since I landed this job and that was back in July. As I have said before Interior Design positions are hard to come by in todays economy. Because of this, I've decided that it is important for me to put myself out there more to meet more people in my profession.
So step #1: I joined USGBC (United States Green Building Council). The USGBC is the organization that has developed the entire LEED process. Many people probably think GREEN design isn't that important, but let me tell you.. IT IS THE FUTURE!
Step #2: I have already registered for one of their events, Feb. 16th at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago, they are giving a tour of the LEED certified building.
Step #3: Join other organizations such as: IIDA (which I was a member of in collegeand stands for International Interior Design Association), ASID (American Society of Interior Designers), etc.
Contemplating joining? Why wait?
Here are links to each site:http://www.usgbc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading Running Design! I'd love to hear from you with tips, suggestions or your stories about running and design!