You will need:
~ A deep cookie sheet
~ An Apple peeler
~ 4 Sarah Lee Pie Crust (because of time I often buy the premade ones)
~ 12-16 Apples depending on the size of the apple
~ 1/2 cup Butter
~ 1 sp Cinnamon
~ 1/2 cup Sugar
~ 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
~ 1 tsp Nutmeg
~ 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
~ Powdered Sugar
~ Pam, or a non-stick cooking spray
1. Start by peeling and cutting the apples into small bite-sized pieces. Place the apples in a bowl with the lemon juice, be sure to mix while adding more apples. The lemon juice keeps the apples from turning brown.
2. In the bowl with the apples mix in the cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, and nutmeg until all the apples are coated. If you need more of these ingredients feel free to add!
3. Spray the cookie sheet. Unroll 2 of the pie crusts and place them together on the bottom of the tray, so that the entire cookie sheet is covered. Feel free to use a rolling pin and some flour to help the crusts fit the tray and go up the sides.
4. Add the Apple mixture to the tray. Cover with the last two pie crusts, same process as before, crimp the edges so that the pie doesn't ooze out. I wouls place a piece of tin foil in the over under the tray just in case the apples ooze over the sides.
5. Bake at 350 for 45minutes - 1hr or until golden brown.
6. Let the Apple Slices cool. While waiting for it to cool, take the powdered sugar and a 1/4 cup of milk mix together to make the icing. Adding powdered sugar until you get the consistency you desire.
7. Serve and Enjoy!
Looking for some other great thanksgiving recipes??? Try these:
Appetizer - Keenly Kristin http://keenlykristin.com/
Adult beverage – ModlyChic http://www.modlychic.com/
Side Dish – I’m Gonna Fly http://imgonnafly.com/
Squash Dish – Cute-Ecakes http://cute-ecakes.com/