I'm not really sure what is going on lately, but I'm running on E - like really running on E! The beginning of my training was going really well and I was so proud of myself and now not so much... The last few weeks I've had a really hard time doing all of my scheduled workouts, and it's not because I don't have the time (I mean that's part of it) but more than anything I'm beyond exhausted. I don't mean oh I'm just sleepy I mean, I'm so exhausted I'm up for a few hours sitting at my desk and then have to go back to bed and end up sleeping for at least two hours! I have NO energy. And the workouts that I do fit in are not where they should be or where I want them to be because I physically can't push myself to that point! I'm so frustrated, especially because it has nothing to do with me not being in good enough shape.
So here's what I hope are the reasons (otherwise maybe it's something more serious...ugh!):
1. I'm out of my protein mix and have been for a while - I didn't think it made that much of a difference but I'm probably not recovering the way I should be since I've just been drinking water, not even Gatorade or Powerade...
2. I started coaching Middle School Soccer and while it's not the most physically demanding job, on top of training, it's a lot, especially if I am not recovering properly
3. My allergies are brutal this spring and I feel like I have a constant cold!
4. I'm stressed - no matter what anyone says, owning your own company isn't easy! It's stressful not knowing where the next paycheck is going to come from and all of the other stresses associated with that. Not to mention when I finally go to bed at night, I can't turn my brain off and wake up at least 5 times during the night, what am I?! A little baby??
It got to the breaking point this weekend... I coached a soccer game at 1 on Saturday and then hit up the gym for weights and 80minutes of running. By the time I finished the weights I felt like I was going to fall over I was so exhausted! I didn't end up running. When I got home I quickly showered and then laid on the couch for rest of the day. The next morning I was supposed to ride 50miles and I couldn't get out of bed. I went over to my parents so that I could go see my grandparents with them and I slept the entire ride down there, approx 1.5hrs and the only thing I had done that morning was go to mass and make breakfast! I pretty much laid on the couch all day. My parents were convinced that I had gone out with friends or a hot date and went to bed later than I normally do. I finally told my mom the truth that I just didn't have the energy - let's just say... she didn't react well... at all! She started spouting all these ideas of what could be the problem, maybe I have walking pneumonia, maybe it's mono, maybe I'm anemic, maybe I'm not eating enough, etc... So she jumped off the couch and took me to Walgreen's to buy vitamins - I never take vitamins - I've always had a hard time swallowing pills and think that we should be getting all the necessary vitamins in our food and not have to take supplements in pill form... but that's just me!
So here's what I'm going to do:
1. Take a multi-vitamin - ICK!!
2. Take an additional B vitamin
3. Make sure I have a protein drink after my workouts
4. Change my diet from less Carbs (my favorite) to more protein
Any other suggestions? I can't keep functioning like this...