Blog

Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Goals of 2012

  Happy New Year to all my reader's out there!  The beginning of a new year often makes people reflective and they make resolutions for themselves that really only seem to last for a few days, maybe if they are lucky they last a week or two.  I personally hate resolutions, they seem impractical to me, maybe it's because I am goal-oriented and resolutions seem to vague to me.  So instead of the resolutions I've come up with Goals for almost every aspect of my life!

Job/Business Goals:
     Quit my current job to take that leap of faith to really focus on Blue Sunflower Interiors and Design - as most of you know this is something that I have been working on for a while,  I'm right on the edge right now of taking that leap and jumping to the other side, but I'm terrified of falling flat on my face!

    Attend at least 5 different networking events for IIDA, USGBC and other Interior Design Organizations because they are a good way to meet more people, learn more about the field and it will expand my comfort zones.
   
   Volunteer some of my time for Habitat for Humanity - this is something I have wanted to do for a while, I helped build a house in Bloomington Normal when I was in college and I found it to be one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.  I think it's important to volunteer time, because while I don't have a lot of money or resources at this point I do have some time in which I can give back to the community.

Fitness Goals:
    Run the Chicago Marathon - as most of you know I have already run it three times, so really it's not that hard of a goal for me to attain.  However,  I have NEVER run it without being in so much pain at the end that I am crying.  I've worked over the last year with Jose to make sure that my knee is in tip top shape so that I can really run!  I've even gotten faster! So the goal is to run it un-injured, shatter my previous times and get a Boston Qualifying time.  The Boston Qualifying time might be a LONG shot but I think its a good goal. You never know until you try right?

    Complete the Muncie 1/2 Ironman - I was supposed to have completed it this past summer but life sometimes takes turns that you don't expect.  I want to try it again and obviously get there this time un-injured!
   
     Join a Running Club - I think a running club will continue to help me to get faster and challenge myself as a runner, probably more than I would really be able to challenge myself. 

    Loose 15lbs - I know, who doesn't say that they'd like to loose some weight in the new year?  But I'd like to loose some weight because I know it will make me a fast runner and triathlete.  I have the fitness thing down but really need to focus on more proper eating habits.  They are pretty good but I think there are some areas in which I can improve.

Personal Goals:
     Take an "Emily" Day - I've been so busy lately that I haven't had much down time, pulled in numerous directions and in some ways trying to be everything to everyone.  As a result I've been extremely stressed out and that's pretty abnormal for me.  So I've decided to take one day a month dedicated to myself  (I know probably sounds a little selfish) in which I can do anything I want to do - stay in bed all day, hang out with friends all day but no work is allowed.  It's a day to relax and re-charge my batteries.

Just a few goals that I really plan on tackling, starting with today being my "Emily" day and heading to the gym!  Happy New Year to you all, I wish you all the best in this coming year.  May it be prosperous, and filled with so much happiness for each and everyone of you!

2 comments:

  1. Love the goals. I think they are all completely achievable for you this year. So excited to see Blue Sunflower Interiors take off and I'll be rooting, at least from a distance, for Chicago and Muncie. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading Running Design! I'd love to hear from you with tips, suggestions or your stories about running and design!