Blog

Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The "I can't attitude"

Ok, here I go on my soap box a little... I was listening to a podcast the other day at work, I know - shocker!, but it was all about how people constantly are saying that they can't do a race or complete a marathon, 5K, Triathlon, etc.  The podcast made an excellent point that with an attitude like that, you are right you can't reach those goals.  So why in the world do people even have that mentality? I don't get it.  I honestly don't. 
    I mean don't we all have our doubts?  Don't we all have the fear of getting injured or it not going the way we had planned?  But why in the world would anyone say they can't do it?!  Its one thing if you are physically unable to do it but its an entirely different matter if it is only your mentality holding you back.  Don't to it to yourself. 
     When I ran the Chicago Marathon my first time and I went through all of the intense training, never ever did the thought cross my mind that I couldn't do it.  Sure a few times I thought why in the world am I doing this but not I can't do it.  Even once I got injured and had a good TEN miles to go, quitting and giving up was never even an option.  Honestly, it never even crossed my mind.  I have to say that I think the whole process has made me into a stronger person because you have to be strong mentally and fight against everyone who is telling you that you can't complete the race.
    So don't ever have the mentality that you "CANT" do something, I am a firm believer in you can do anything that you set your mind to!  YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Motto: Challenge yourself in every aspect of your life and see where it takes you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading Running Design! I'd love to hear from you with tips, suggestions or your stories about running and design!